I have been very lucky this past week and been caught up something of a chain letter of awards, thank you very much to Cool Beans for nominating me for the Leibster Award.
The Leibster Award is about promoting new blogs and just generally being friendly and neighbourly in the blogosphere. It involves answering a set of questions from the nominator, nominating a bunch of new blogs for the award and setting them a new set of questions. Thanking and notifying all the blogs involved should go without saying! I totally get it if people don’t want to participate, but I wanted to get involved as a way of engaging with other blogs and promoting all the excellent writing that’s out there.
So…. my answers to the question’s set by Cool Beans
1. What is your go-to song to jam to in the car?
No Scrubs by TLC
2. What was the last show you binge watched on Netflix?
I might be the only person without Netflix… I’ve never binged watched anything, one time I tried watching Breaking Bad and made it halfway through one episode.
3. What book do you always suggest people read? Why?
The brilliant author John Ironmonger recently recommended Address Unknown by Catherine Cressman-Taylor and I’m definitely stealing it as my go-to suggestion. It is super tiny, I think I read it in about twenty minutes, but it is incredible, inspiring, intelligent, and historically and politically informing. Read it.
4. What is your guilty pleasure song? Band?
Lay all your love on me, ABBA. Or just anything by ABBA.
5. What did you want to be as a kid?
I went through a phase of wanting to work at Disneyworld. Not as a Princess or anything but as one of the people who drive the mini trains from the car park to the entrance, I used to drive my family mad every time we got in the car and I’d be like “Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times” in a very dodgy American accent.
6. What did you end up doing instead? Or, perhaps, what do you want to be now?
I currently work in the Voluntary Sector, matchmaking individuals with their dream volunteering opportunity…. I’d quite like to be a writer, or just well off enough so I can spend every day writing and baking and gardening.
7. What brought you to the blogosphere?
I first ventured to the blogoshere when I moved to Spain for my gap yar. This incarnation came about just over a year ago when I had to stop attending a creative writing class and I wanted another outlet for my writing.
8. Do you like being the big spoon or the little spoon?
Little. Although I’m pretty happy just getting to be a spoon.
9. What do you do to relieve stress?
I meditate. Or write everything down and then just get in done. Also if I’m stressed I say it quite a lot, “Oh I’m stressed” I’m not sure whether that helps.
10. What inspires your blogs?
Just random things, I like writing about what I know and what I enjoy and I like sharing that.
11. What kind of atmosphere do you need to get your blog on? On your phone? Laptop? Music? Wine? Sexy lighting?
Right now is pretty perfect; in my pyjamas with a cup of tea, sat at the dining room table with the sun streaming in.
Ok, so my questions are as follows
- What’s your favourite tipple?
- Who are you writing for?
- What object to you choose when you play monopoly?
- Ikea: Love or hate? Why?
- Top five animals.
- Who is the best James Bond?
- What is your go to dinner party menu?
- How did you choose your blog name?
- Vintage or modern?
- Goals or ambitions with your blog?
- Which three people (dead or alive) would you have in your pub quiz team?
I took my nomination for the Leibster Award as a chance to revisit my blogroll and find some new blogs to follow. With that in mind I’d like to nominate Been There Dug That (mostly because of that pun), From My Garden Into My Kitchen (stunning pictures), Wots It All About (a blogging diary), Threads in the Needle (for some crafty inspo) Libby’s HIdeaway (a teenage insight) Sprinkling of Sunshine and Pie (her photos will make your mouth water) Eliza Thinks Allowed (honest) Cloud Free Kat (brand new but I’m intrigued and want to hear more). While I’m here I’d also like to nominate The Book Blogger whose posts and I love and was nice enough to nominate me for The Creative Blogger Award which is very kind, and super exciting. I implore you all to check the blog out; it’s lush.
Here are five random facts about me!
1. I grew up in a haunted house. We called the ghost Herbert the Pervert because the door always used to open while I was getting changed.
2. I’ve got a bit of a thing for taxidermy. I’m writing this observed by a pheasant and an old. Both stuffed.
3. I’ve never managed to complete the 30 day squat challenge. I’m currently on day 6 of what is possibly my 17th attempt.
4. I often get confused between the words noisy and nosey.
5. I love the beach. It’s the best.
Thank you all very much for reading, thanks again for the nominations.
Have a lovely weekend.